If you are not sure if your work requires Building Control permission, please contact the Building Control partnership and ask for our Building Control pre-application advice service.
If you want help with your application or you are short of time, call us on 01732 227376 and we can take your application over the phone.
Apply by post or by email
Identify your type of application
Before you apply, please decide on the type of application for your works. There are three types:
- Full Plans - the most commonly used type of application. We will check your plans meet the building regulations. You also pay an additional inspection fee so we can check the building works meet the regulations
- Building Notice - a notice telling us that you intend to carry out small domestic building work that do not need detailed drawings
- Regularisation - for works carried out without permission. This is more expensive than the other types of application and you may need to open up completed building works so we can see if the building regulations have been met.
Work out what application fee is due.
Alternatively request a building control quote. Building works costing £100,000 or more and works greater than 100m2 will require a quote from us.
Complete your application form
Please download and complete the correct application form.
Submit your application and make payment
Email your completed form with your plans, specification, calculations to email@example.com
Alternatively post your form to: The Building Control Partnership, P.O. Box 561, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 9QZ
You can pay in several ways:
- Make payment online
- Pay by phone using a debit or credit card by calling us on 01732 227376
- Pay by cheque. Please include your cheque if you are posting your application form to us
If you decide to withdraw your application for whatever reason, there will be a minimum charge of £50 to cover our administration costs.
If you would like help with your application, call us on 01732 227376.
What happens next?
Once we have received your completed application form and payment, we will check the details and if anything is missing we will contact you within two working days.
When the application has been accepted we will send you an acknowledgement letter with the application number and our surveyor's contact details.