People fraudulently claiming benefit are stealing from us all. If you suspect any form of benefit fraud you can report it:
- Online via the National Benefit Fraud Hotline
- By telephone on 0800 854 440 (your call is free and you do not have to give your name or address)
- By post to NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston PR1 1GP
Council Tax Reduction fraud
Council Tax Reduction fraud is when someone lies about their situation to get a reduction in their Council Tax. Things they might not tell us about include:
- Living with a partner
- Receiving other benefits or income
- Starting work or now earning more money
- Inheriting money or property
- Going abroad, living abroad or changing address
- Having savings and not declaring the full amount
- Claiming for children that do not live at home.
People fraudulently claiming Council Tax Reduction are stealing from us all. If you suspect that someone is falsely claiming a reduction in their Council Tax please contact our team.