Extensions to a single dwelling fees
Alterations to a single dwelling and other non-domestic work fees
Individually determined charges
- All or part of the project falls outside of our standard charges
- The categories do not cover all aspects of the project
- The categories do not reflect a reasonable charge
Charges do not apply for works that provide access for a disabled person to, from and within their residence or for accommodation or facilities to secure greater health, safety, welfare or convenience (subject to Regulation 4(2)). Evidence of the person’s disability or special needs may be required
Charges do not apply for works to public buildings (for example shops or banks) that provide access for disabled people from and within the building or for facilities to secure greater health, safety, welfare or convenience.
The inspection fee will cover all site inspections during the construction phase, including discussions and meetings with the builder, architect and the owner as required. Our surveyors provide a next day inspection service. In the event of problems on site, we will do our best to accommodate requests for inspections at short notice.
Competent person's schemes
Our charges assume electrical and heating installations are carried out by certified installers, registered with one of the Government's Competent Person's Schemes. If a certified installer is not employed or a competent person's certification is not received, there will be an additional charge of £330 for each unit to enable checks and tests to be carried to establish if the works meet the Building Regulations 2010.
- You can pay a building control invoice online
- Pay by phone using a debit or credit card by calling 01732 227376
- Pay in person at our Sevenoaks offices using a credit or debit card or cash
- Cheques made payable to 'Sevenoaks District Council'. Please attach a covering letter with the address and/or application reference and send to: