Our HERO service is here to provide support to residents in the private rented sector and owner occupiers.
The HERO service will provide personalised advice and support for:
- Saving money on fuel bills
- Debt, rent or mortgage advice
- Broadband costs
- Welfare benefits
- Retraining, skills and further education options
- Getting back to work
- Referrals to support services
- Referrals for housing advice
How to access our help
- Email our HERO team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone on 01732 227000 and ask for the HERO service
- Visit our offices
- Attend our monthly Housing and Community Hub events
The HERO team will aim to contact you within three working days.
Help we can provide
A HERO Officer will contact you to discuss your circumstances and will do the following depending on the help you need:
- For simple enquiries, we will provide advice over the phone or face-to-face
- For more complex enquiries, we will discuss your circumstances and create a personalised action plan with you
- We may speak with and make referrals to other organisations who can help
- We can assist with form filling and online applications.
If you rent your home from a housing association, please contact them as they may be able to offer help and support around benefits, budgeting and living costs.