What happens if my garden waste wheelie bin is damaged or stolen?

If you joined our garden waste collection scheme after 1 April 2004, and we provided you with a bin (on loan) to use while you are on the scheme, we will endeavour to repair or replace the bin, if:

  • The damage was caused by our crews: We can repair some damage, such as broken lids or wheels, and will do so at our cost. If your bin is damaged beyond repair, we will exchange it for the original bin and provide you with a replacement bin and permit.
  • Your bin is stolen: We will replace a stolen bin upon receipt of a Kent Police incident report number, as would be the case with any stolen property claim.

To make a report, please call or email us with the following information:

  • Your name
  • Your bin permit number
  • Contact telephone number
  • Whether the bin was stolen or damaged
  • If stolen, we will also need the Kent Police incident report number.

If you have any questions, please contact us.