Report a planning breach | Sevenoaks District Council
Planning search

We're sorry our ‘Planning applications’ search (at the top of this page) is unavailable. We are working to restore this function. To view an application, please click on the button below.

Search for a planning application

Report a planning breach

You can ask us to investigate an alleged planning breach online.

You will need to provide:

  • Your name (we cannot investigate anonymous complaints)
  • Your address
  • Your contact details
  • The full address your complaint relates to
  • Details of the alleged breach

Any information you provide us will treated in accordance with our Privacy Notice.

Our Planning Enforcement Plan, which sets out how we investigate alleged breaches.

If planning permission is not required, we cannot action. You can check if a site has planning permission.

Report a planning breach

We will:

  • Investigate your complaint and if necessary visit the site concerned within the timescales set out in our Enforcement Plan
  • Give priority to the most serious breaches
  • Keep you and those who are the subject of the alleged breach informed throughout our investigations
  • Keep your identity confidential
  • Use our legal powers to remove harmful development
  • Explore solutions to remove harm caused by unauthorised development.

We are not able to investigate:

  • Boundary or land ownership disputes
  • Commercial vehicles parked in residential roads
  • Discussions about possible building works or conversions that are yet to begin
  • Operating a business from home where the residential use remains the primary use and there is minimal impact on the area
  • Stationing of a touring caravan or motorhome on residential property
  • Clearing undergrowth, bushes and trees unless the site is within a Conservation Area or the trees are protected by Tree Preservation Orders
  • Road safety matters.
Back to top