Temporary accommodation

If you become homeless and urgently need somewhere to stay, we may be able to provide temporary accommodation while helping you find a long-term home.

The help we can offer depends on your individual circumstances.

As the demand for housing is very high, temporary accommodation is likely to be offered outside of the Sevenoaks District.

Temporary accommodation payments

If we place you in temporary accommodation, you may need to make regular payments towards it.

How much you pay depends on the cost of your accommodation, other costs and your circumstances. If you are on a low income or benefits, you may be able to get help with these costs.

We will inform you of any costs that apply before you move into temporary accommodation.

Temporary accommodation payments are made directly to us.

Make a temporary accommodation payment

If you are going to be homeless and think that you may need temporary accommodation, please complete an application at www.kenthomechoice.org.uk or contact our Housing Advice Team.