Wellbeing walks in Sevenoaks District
Sevenoaks District Council is working in partnership with Every Step Counts to deliver our “Wellbeing Walks in Sevenoaks District” programme. This programme is licensed by The Ramblers and provides the opportunity for residents to engage in a free, volunteer-led programme of group walks that are a maximum of 90 minutes in length.
Every Step Counts
Walks that are less than 45 minutes in length and generally over flatter, more comfortable terrain and at a slower pace in comparison to our programme of walks that are greater than 45 minutes in length.
The programme of walks and meeting points is currently:
- Monday - 11am - The Riverside Tea Room, Eynsford
- Tuesday - 10am - The end of Tesco Riverhead car park near the bottle banks
- Tuesday - 11am - The Castle Inn in Chiddingstone
- Wednesday - 10am - The car park beside Otford Village Memorial Hall
- Wednesday - 10.30am - the West Kingsdown Pavillion
- Thursday - 10am - Chipstead Green opposite the Bricklayers Arms, Chevening Road
- Thursday - 10am - The Café in Swanley Park
- Thursday - 2pm - The car park in Greatness Recreation Ground
- Friday - 10.30am - The Kemsing Village Hall Car Park
Due to COVID-19, it is essential that you book your pace on a walk before you attend. For further details, or, to book your place, please email email@example.com
Wellbeing walks that are greater than 45 minutes in length
Our programme of Wellbeing Walks that are greater than 45 minutes in length will generally explore wooded areas; these walks can involve hills and uneven walking terrains and are generally around 2-3 miles in length.
We are still working on relaunching these walks following the closure of lockdown measures. Further information will be provided on these in due course.
For further information on these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Up and Running
Sevenoaks District Council supported the development of the Up & Running 10 week women’s running course.
This course is for women aged between 18 and 65 who have experienced mental health difficulties and who are not currently runners but would like to learn.
Courses run twice a year from Hollybush in Sevenoaks. To find out more, please email through the website or message via Facebook. Alternatively, please call or text Harriet on 07855 893863 or Shona on 07710 279497.