One in four people will experience poor mental health at some point in their lives. Generally, this will develop over time, so it’s really important to be aware of our thoughts, feelings and behaviour and to take steps to look after our mental wellbeing.
Help in a crisis
Call 999 if someone’s life is at risk, for example, they have seriously injured themselves or taken an overdose, or if you do not feel you can keep yourself or someone else safe.
Mental health support services
How are you?
The Every Mind Matters” quiz will ask you five questions about your mood, sleep, anxiety, stress and worries and provide you with steps and tips on things you can change.
Six ways to wellbeing
There are practical strategies you can adopt to improve your own mental wellbeing, why not try any number of the six below and see if it makes a difference to you:
- Be Active. Exercising is well known improve our mood, find an activity you enjoy that suits your level of ability and fitness. Take a moment to explore local green spaces
- Keep Learning. Take up a new interest or rediscover an old passion.
- Give. Volunteer your time, perform a random act of kindness. Making others happy can be incredibly rewarding and can improve our social connections.
- Connect. Build your connections with family, friends, colleagues and neighbours.
- Take Notice. Pay attention to the little details and savour the beautiful moments that make up your day.
- Care for the planet. Look after your environment and take pride in the contribution you make to a healthier planet.