1 in 4 people will experience poor mental health at some point in their lives. Generally, this will develop over time, so it’s really important to be aware of our thoughts, feelings and behaviour and to take steps to look after our mental wellbeing.
Local Mental Health support services
Phone; 01732 744950
Address; 34 St John’s Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 3LW
Phone; 01322 291380
How are you?
Take the “Every Mind Matters” quiz today. The quiz will ask you five questions about your mood, sleep, anxiety, stress and worries and provide you with steps and tips on things you can change.
Six Ways to Wellbeing
There are six practical strategies you can adopt to improve your own Mental Wellbeing, why not try any number of the six below and see if it makes a difference to you:
1. Be Active. Exercising is well known improve our mood, find an activity you enjoy that suits your level of ability and fitness. Take a moment to explore Sevenoaks Green spaces
2. Keep Learning. Take up a new interest or rediscover an old passion.
3. Give. Volunteer your time, perform a random act of kindness. Making others happy can be incredibly rewarding and can improve our social connections.
4. Connect. Build your connections with family, friends, colleagues and neighbours.
5. Take Notice. Pay attention to the little details and savour the beautiful moments that make up your day.
6. Care for the Planet. Look after your environment and take pride in the contribution you make to a healthier planet.
Looking for local support?
Sevenoaks District Council is commissioned by Kent County Council to deliver the One You Lifestyle service. The service is for Sevenoaks residents aged 18+ who are looking for some help to feel more positive.
The support we offer is free of charge and offered on a one-to-one basis.
If you are interested in registering for the One You Lifestyle service just fill in our registration form below.
Need some help to complete the registration form? Call us today on 0300 020 0636 and a member of the team will help you to register.