Appeal a Council Tax Reduction decision | Sevenoaks District Council

Appeal a Council Tax Reduction decision


When we make a decision about your Council Tax Reduction or Exceptional Hardship Payments, we will send you a letter and/or an amended Council Tax bill. If you disagree with our decision you can ask us to:

  • Explain our decision
  • Look at our decision again

You can ask us to explain our decision at any time. If you want us to look at a decision again, you must write to us giving full reasons why you think our decision is wrong.

If our decision remains unchanged and you still disagree you can appeal directly to the Valuation Tribunal. You can also go straight to the Valuation Tribunal if you ask us for a reconsideration and we do not reply to you within two months.