Request direct payment to your landlord | Sevenoaks District Council
Planning search

We're sorry our ‘Planning applications’ search (at the top of this page) is unavailable. To view an application, please click on the button below.

Search for a planning application

Request direct payment to your landlord

If you rent from a private landlord you can ask us to pay your Housing Benefit directly to your landlord but only if:

  • you are having difficulty managing your financial affairs
  • you are 8 weeks or more behind with your rent
  • you are having arrears of rent paid to your landlord from certain social security benefits
  • you are unlikely to pay your rent
  • direct payments will help you secure or renew a tenancy.

We may ask you to provide reasons or evidence for us to explain why we should pay your landlord.

Complete a request

Back to top