Homes for Ukraine - support and information for hosts | Ukraine conflict | Sevenoaks District Council
Licensing payment problems

We're currently experiencing intermittent problems with some Licensing payments via our website. We're working to fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience

Ukraine conflict

Homes for Ukraine - support and information for hosts

Thank you for offering your home or property as a safe place for a Ukrainian person or family. It is a reminder of the extraordinary generosity of our residents.

Your Homes for Ukraine scheme application 

After you have registered with the Government to become a host, your details will be shared with Kent County Council (KCC) who are co-ordinating the scheme in Kent.

KCC will carry out background and in-person checks on you and your family, including a DBS check on every adult who lives in your home.

We will inspect your property on behalf of KCC to ensure it is clean, warm, safe and in a reasonable state. We will contact you to arrange a convenient time within 10 days of being notified by KCC. Our visit should last about an hour and you will be informed of any issues you need to address within 48 hours.

Once the background and home checks are complete, KCC will make the £350 payment for being a Homes for Ukraine host a month in arrears. This payment will be paid for up to 12 months for as long as you are hosting your guests.

KCC will also provide each Ukrainian refugee with a one-off £200 payment.

Clarion Housing is providing support to Ukrainian refugees and their host. They will visit you a few days after your guests have arrived to make sure everything is running smoothly. They will also offer further support should you need it.

Work, benefits and services for Ukrainian nationals

Ukrainian nationals arriving under the scheme will be Abe to:

  • Live and work in the UK for up to three years
  • Access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education and English language tuition

Hosts will need to help their guests to settle in and this includes registering for services.

Benefits and Council Tax

If you take in a Ukrainian person or people, the current Government guidance is your benefit entitlements remain unchanged.

If you receive single person discount on your Council Tax, this remains unchanged too.

Further information and support

KCC what to expect once you have registered for the Homes for Ukraine scheme

The Homes for Ukraine website 

GOV.UK guide for new refugees

Red Cross coping with the Ukraine crisis, including support for those suffering with trauma