High hedges | Sevenoaks District Council

High hedges

If you are concerned about the height of your neighbour's hedge, the best way is to contact your neighbour first. 

Useful guidance sets out steps you can follow before making a complaint to the Council. 

We have the power to deal with complaints about high hedges. The fee for the service is £650, which may be reduced for those on means tested benefits. Before we investigate a complaint we will want to see all records of what you have done to try and resolve the problem.

If you have tried to resolve the issue with your neighbour and wish to go ahead with making a formal complaint please contact us.

For more information visit GOV.UK - Information on high hedges.