Our Public Realm Commission works in an advisory role to improve open, public spaces in the District.
The commission is made up of 10 volunteers and their role is to:
- Understand current public spaces across the District and what purpose or uses they serve
- Ensure new developments have been considered, designed and planned with the public realm in mind
- Understand what makes good public space
- Identify funding opportunities to enable the delivery of an annual public realm programme
- Ensure public art celebrates the particular story of a place and engages with the community in its making.
- Submit an annual report describing the activities of the previous year.
We wish to commission an experienced artist/designer to deliver a new public art installation by the Marks & Spencer site in Bligh, Sevenoaks.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5pm on Friday 29 January 2021.
For more information about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org