Health walks are a free group activity for people who want to do more exercise. They take up to an hour and are between one and two miles long.
Walking is an affordable, enjoyable and easy exercise that more can do regardless of age, fitness or lifestyle.
For every minute you walk, between one-and-a-half and two minutes is added to your life. It builds strong bones, toned muscles and can help to control weight, relieve stress and anxiety whilst reducing the risk of a wide range of illnesses. Walking can also be great fun and an excellent way to make new friends.
Each health walk is led by at least two trained health walk leaders who have completed a Walking for Health training course, and they encourage the group to walk at their own pace.
There are currently eight weekly Health Walks in the Sevenoaks District in:
- Otford Mondays, Otford Memorial Hall at 10.30am
- Lullingstone Park Mondays, Visitors Centre at 2pm
- Hartley Tuesdays, The Library at 10am
- Swanley Tuesdays, Café at White Oak Leisure Centre at 2pm
- New Ash Green Wednesdays, New Ash Green Library at 10.30am
- West Kingsdown Wednesdays, Pavilion Library Car Park at 10.15am
- Edenbridge Wednesdays, Edenbridge Leisure Centre at 9.30am (finish at Bridges Café on the High Street)
- Sevenoaks Thursdays, Café at Sevenoaks Leisure Centre at 10.30am
You do not need to book ahead to come on a Health Walk. If you would like to join, just come along to the starting point about 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the walk and complete a basic registration form.
We recommend that you dress for the weather and wear comfortable footwear.
For more information, call us on 01732 227000.