From Friday 16 July, all households in the District will receive a form to check whether the information on the electoral register is correct as part of our annual electoral canvass.
Changes to the law means that the annual canvass is now different, including the forms we send you and whether you need to respond or not.
There are three types of forms being sent by post:
- Canvass Communication A (CCA)
- Canvass Communication B (CCB)
- The Canvass Form (CF).
You can tell which form you have received by looking at the reference number below the Council's contact details.
If you receive a Canvass Communication A (CCA) form
- Check the information carefully.
- If all the information is correct, no other action is required.
- If anything is incorrect or needs amending, you can update your details online on a secure website hosted by our service provider. You will need the security codes provided on your form.
- If you cannot respond online, send the form back to us by post with the correct details.
If you receive a Canvass Communication B (CCB) form
You must respond regardless of whether the details are correct or not.
If your details are correct:
- Confirm your details online on a secure website hosted by our service provider. You will need the security codes provided on your form.
- Phone 0800 197 9871
If your details are incorrect:
- Update/amend them online on a secure website hosted by our service provider
- If you cannot use the online portal, send the form back to us by post with the correct details.
For phone responses, standard charges will apply.
Canvass Form (CF)
If you do not respond to your CCB, we will send up to two reminder Canvass Forms from late August. If you do not respond to your reminder forms, a canvasser will either call you (if we have a phone number) or visit your address. The canvasser is a person that works for us and is required to ask that you respond to our forms. They will be able to offer you advice to help you complete the forms if you are unsure what to do.
If people need to be added to the register to vote, we will send each person an Invitation to Register form. To be registered to vote you must complete and return the form or register to vote online.