Mobile home and caravan sites | Mobile home and caravan sites | Sevenoaks District Council

Mobile home and caravan sites

Coronavirus update

We regret that during the Coronavirus outbreak, we will only carry out urgent visits where there is an imminent risk to harm due to a property defect. Sorry for the inconvenience.



Before you can operate as a mobile home or caravan site you must have obtained any required planning permission or certificate of lawfulness for development of the site. A site licence may also be required. 

Contact us to check the requirements for your site.

Make an application

To apply for a site licence or check whether you need one, please contact us.

Your licence application must be processed before you use the site as a mobile home or caravan site.

Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years. 

To grant or transfer a licence the Council has to determine the suitability of the proposed licence holder. This will be based on the following criteria:

  • a) Interest in the site;
  • b) Funding arrangements that will be in place; and
  • c) Management structure.

Apply for, change or transfer a caravan and camping site licence online on GOV.UK

Register of site rules

Operators of residential caravan sites and mobile home parks are required to send us a copy of their site rules once they have been agreed with residents.

We must keep a register of site rules and publish them online.

View the register of site rules

Grant assistance

Funding may be available for someone who has a disability and needs their mobile home adapted to help them to continue living there. See our Disabled Facilities Grants page.


Back to top