Noise and other nuisance | Sevenoaks District Council
Licensing payment problems

We're currently experiencing intermittent problems with some Licensing payments via our website. We're working to fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience

Noise and other nuisance

  • The Environmental Protection team can investigate some types of noise and nuisance complaint. 
  • We will decide if such disturbances are causing a statutory nuisance and we will take action if necessary to resolve such matters. 
  • We investigate complaints from both domestic properties and commercial businesses.

What action can you take to help resolve a problem?

If you feel able to do so, it is often better to try and resolve a problem informally by yourself.  Your neighbour may be genuinely unaware that their activities are having a negative impact upon you.  The introduction of a third party such as the Council or a Landlord may sometimes make a situation worse and can cause tension between neighbours.

If you would still like to report a complaint please contact us.

Out of hours problems

If you are suffering from a noise nuisance when our offices are closed, please download the Noise App.

Once you have made a recording, call us the next working day on 01732 227000 to log your complaint.