From Friday 17 July all households in the District will be receiving a form to check whether the information on the electoral register is correct.
This year there are changes to the way the data is collected so it is vitally important you read your form carefully and take the action that is needed. There are three types of forms being sent, Canvass Communication A (CCA), Canvass Communication B (CCB) and the reminder Canvass Form (CF).
You can tell which form you have received by looking at the reference number below the contact details.
If you receive a CCA:
- Check the information carefully.
- If all the information is correct, no other action is required.
- If anything is incorrect or needs amending, you can update your details online - www.householdresponse.com/sevenoaks. You will need the security codes provided on your form. This link will take you to a secure website hosted by our service provider.
- If you cannot respond online, send the form back to us by post with the correct details.
If you receive a CCB you must respond regardless of whether the details are correct or not. If your details are correct:
- Confirm your details online. You will need the security codes provided on your form. This link will take you to a secure website hosted by our service provider or;
- Text NOCHANGE followed by your security code to 80212 or;
- Phone 0800 197 9871
If your details are incorrect:
- Update/amend them online or;
- If you cannot use the online portal, send the form back to us by post with the correct details.
For text and phone, standard charges will apply.
If you do not respond to your CCB we will send up to two reminder Canvass Forms (CF) from early September. If you do not respond to your reminder forms, a canvasser will either call you (if we have a phone number) or visit your home when it is safe to do so. The canvasser is a person that works for us and is required to ask that you respond to our forms. They will be able to offer you advice to help you complete the forms if you are unsure what to do.
If people need to be added to the register to vote we will send each person an Invitation to Register form. To be registered to vote you must complete and return the form or register to vote online.
From next year, there will be an option of being phoned or sent an email instead of a paper form. If you would like us to contact you by email or phone for future annual canvasses, please opt in and give us your contact details. These can be provided in response to the paper form you will receive or by completing a simple form.