You can have your say on our proposals to meet the District’s future housing and development needs from 23 November 2023 to 11 January 2024.
The Local Plan says what can be built and where and what should be protected up to 2040. Our new Local Plan, called ‘Plan 2040’, proposes more business space for jobs, much needed new homes for all, retail, leisure and community facilities, while continuing to protect the rural nature of the District and the local environment.
Our last Local Plan consultation (November 2022 to January 2023) focused on making the best use of land within our urban areas (i.e. outside of the Green Belt), including building at higher densities and on brownfield sites.
However, we know that utilising existing built up areas alone would not meet the District’s housing needs, including the need for more affordable homes. To meet the District’s housing needs, 712 new homes need to be built each year up to 2040.
This Local Plan consultation, called ‘Regulation 18 (Part 2)’ continues to focus on development opportunities in built up areas but also considers Green Belt land in the most suitable and sustainable locations, on the edge of existing settlements including land that may already have been built on. We are consulting on three different options to meet our development needs.
View Plan 2040
View our Plan 2040 summary
You can also view supporting evidence base documents.
Sign up to our local plan mailing list.
The Regulation 18 Part 2 consultation runs for seven weeks from 00.00am Thursday 23 November 2023 until 11.59pm on Thursday 11 January 2024.
We are also running ‘Pop-up’ sessions at the following locations where you can find out more and comment on Plan 2040:
- Monday 4 December 2023, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at Sevenoaks District Council’s offices, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 1HG
- Wednesday 6 December 2023, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at the Eden Centre, Four Elms Road, Edenbridge, TN8 6BY
- Monday 11 December 2023, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at White Oak Leisure Centre, Hilda May Avenue, Swanley, BR8 7BT
- Tuesday 12 December 2023, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at the Village Hall, London Road, West Kingsdown, TN15 6BZ
- Wednesday 13 December 2023, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at the John Fryth Room, St. Mary the Virgin Church, The Green, Westerham, TN16 1AS
- Thursday 4 January 2024, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at Farningham Village Hall, High Street, Farningham, DA4 0DH
- Tuesday 9 January 2024, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at Sevenoaks Leisure Centre, Buckhurst Lane, Sevenoaks, TN13 1LW
Wasps Rugby Football Club Proposal
As part of Plan 2040, Wasps Rugby Football Club has put forward a proposal for a new stadium with facilities in the Sevenoaks District.
Find out more about Wasps’ proposals.