You are required to provide two photos of yourself when you make a Personal Licence application.
The photographs must be:
- 45mm high x 35mm wide (passport size)
- Taken against a light background so your features are distinguishable
- Full face, without sunglasses and uncovered unless you wear a head covering because of your religious beliefs.
Signing the photos
Both of the photos must be signed, one by yourself the other by a counter-signatory to prove your identity.
The counter-signatory must be someone who is known to you, but not a spouse or a relative. The counter-signatory could be one of the following:
- A legal professional or notary
- A person of standing within the community (such as a bank or building society official, a police officer, a civil servant or a minister of religion)
- An individual with a professional qualification.
Please contact us for a full list of acceptable signatories.
On the back of the counter signed photo, please include the following:
- "I hereby certify that this is a true likeness of (add in the name of the applicant)"
- Signature of the counter signatory
- The printed name of the counter signatory
- The position or job title of the counter signatory
- The date the photo was signed
Please contact the Licensing Partnership if you have any questions.