If you are an employee and think the law is being broken or minimum health and safety standards are ignored within your workplace, you can:
- Speak to your employer and try to resolve the issue; and/or
- Contact your work/safety representative, or your trade union safety representative who can try to resolve the issue for you.
If the matter is not satisfactorily resolved, you can raise it with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or us depending on the nature of the issue.
The HSE is responsible for enforcing health and safety at workplaces including:
- Building sites
- Schools and colleges
- Gas, electricity and water systems
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Central and local government premises
We are responsible for enforcing health and safety at workplaces including:
- Offices (except government offices)
- Leisure premises
- Nurseries and playgroups
- Pubs and clubs
- Museums (privately owned)
- Places of worship
- Sheltered accommodation and care homes
Please contact us to raise a concern.