Health and safety in the workplace | Health and safety in the workplace | Sevenoaks District Council
Website maintenance

Over the weekend, some of our planning, building control and licensing web services may not be available as we update our IT systems. Sorry for the inconvenience…

Health and safety in the workplace

If you are an employee and think the law is being broken or minimum health and safety standards are ignored within your workplace, you can:

  • Speak to your employer and try to resolve the issue; and/or
  • Contact your work/safety representative, or your trade union safety representative who can try to resolve the issue for you.

If the matter is not satisfactorily resolved, you can raise it with the Council.

Councils are responsible for enforcing health and safety at workplaces including:

  • Warehouses
  • Offices (except government offices)
  • Shops
  • Hotels
  • Restaurants
  • Leisure premises
  • Nurseries and playgroups
  • Pubs and clubs
  • Museums (privately owned)
  • Places of worship

For workplaces in the Sevenoaks District, please contact Customer Services. 

Visit the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to find out what they are responsible for.



Back to top