Quick Links

Roads, highways and pavements

Kent Highways, Kent County Council's highways arm, is responsible for most local highway matters including: street lighting, repairing pot holes, grass verge cutting, road closures, highway drainage and culverts, bollards, salting roads and snow clearance and road safety schemes.

Kent Highways should be informed of parades or demonstrations on the public highway by the organisers.

To contact Kent Highways call 03000 418181 or view the Kent Highways Services webpages. You can also visit their website www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/highway-permits-and-licences for more information.

Motorways and major trunk roads, such as the A21, are managed by the Highways Agency and not Kent Highway Services.