Published: Friday, 15th December 2023
Sevenoaks District Council has allocated £1,308,500 in the latest round of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funding to support exciting local projects.
The projects will help to deliver health, social and environmental benefits to communities right across the District.
- The Kent Wildlife Trust will receive £250,000 towards improvements at the Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve Visitor Centre and improvements in biodiversity
- £209,000 has been awarded to Kent County Council to improve nine Public Rights of Way in Otford, Kemsing, Swanley, West Kingsdown, Knockholt, Sevenoaks and Edenbridge
- Swanley Town Council has secured £25,000 towards a sewerage connection for its public toilets in Swanley Park
- West Kingsdown Village Hall Management Committee will get £17,000 to pay towards car park improvements at the village hall
- Sevenoaks Town Football Club and Sevenoaks Town Council have been awarded £787,500 towards the construction of a new Community Pavilion at the Greatness Recreation Ground
- Crockenhill Parish Council will receive £20,000 towards playground improvements at Harvestfield Park.
Cllr Simon Reay, Sevenoaks District Council’s Cabinet Member for Development and Conservation, says: “I am delighted we are able to support so many deserving and much needed projects across our District with this latest round of CIL funding.”
"The money will help bring forward projects that improve our health, wellbeing and environment, assisting the District in tackling climate change.
“Since we introduced CIL in 2014, we have secured nearly £15.1 million in developer contributions for community improvements.”
The CIL funding was agreed at the Council’s Cabinet meeting on 14 December 2023.
Sevenoaks District Council collects CIL from liable developments across the District. Organisations and service providers are then invited to submit CIL funding bids to help fund infrastructure projects that will benefit residents and support new developments across the District.
To find out more information on CIL, visit www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/cil.