Published: Wednesday, 6th September 2023
Sevenoaks District Council is once again teaming up with Kent County Council and Solar Together to offer residents an opportunity to purchase solar panels without the hassle.
Solar Together Kent is a group-buying scheme, which brings households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price. The more people who sign up, the cheaper it is for everyone.
How does it work?
• Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
• Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume makes it possible for them to achieve greater efficiencies, which they pass on as lower priced installations.
• After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to their requirements.
• If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
• Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Sevenoaks District Council’s Cabinet member for Cleaner and Greener, Cllr Margot McArthur, says: “With high energy prices and concern about climate changes, many residents are looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions, save on their energy bills and increase their independence from the grid.
“The Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and to access a competitive offer from a trusted, vetted provider.”
“You can register for free and without obligation by 22 September 2023. We’re encouraging as many people as possible to take up this opportunity as part of our work to tackle climate change.”
For more information visit www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/solar