Published: Thursday, 19th November 2020
Sevenoaks District Council has pledged its commitment to the safety and recovery of its high streets with the launch of a series of initiatives, including a business recovery toolkit.
In addition, a new team of ‘Town Centre Ambassadors’ will provide support and advice to businesses and visitors, complementing the proactive measures that individual businesses are putting in place. Hand sanitiser stations have been positioned in the town centres of Sevenoaks, Edenbridge, Swanley and Westerham, and free parking will be available in the lead up to Christmas.
Sevenoaks District Council’s business recovery toolkit includes:
- Details of the help and information available, including business grants and Council support from its economic development team.
- Downloadable social media assets, unique to each high street’s distinct identity
- Free posters to promote health and safety messages.
- Advice on how to operate safely, including topics such as face coverings, managing queues and NHS Test and Trace.
- Town centre initiatives, including ‘Town Centre Ambassadors’, hand sanitiser stations and free parking offers.
Cllr Peter Fleming, Leader of Sevenoaks District Council, says: “We understand how challenging 2020 has been for local businesses and we want to support them wherever possible. We’ve set out how we are encouraging people to shop safely on our District’s unique high streets in Sevenoaks, Edenbridge, Swanley and Westerham.
“In preparation for shops re-opening after the national lockdown, our business recovery toolkit outlines the support available and the latest health and safety guidelines. It also covers the initiatives Sevenoaks District Council has implemented as part of our work to support our town centre, such as the Town Centre Ambassadors’, hand sanitiser stations and free parking offers.
“We have also created some free posters, which you can download, print and display to clearly promote the health and safety messages. As well as a number of social media assets, which will help to promote businesses and our District’s high streets. We are confident that together, we can keep our high streets safe.”
Find out more about the campaign and to download the assets