Bradbourne Lakes were originally in the grounds of Bradbourne Hall. Before that, in Saxon times, they were the site of a homestead with a watermill on a tributary of the River Darent.
The series of ornamental lakes were laid out by Henry Bosville who owned the estate until his death in 1761. The estate was bought by the then Sevenoaks Urban Council in 1935 and opened to the public to enjoy.
The lakes are linked by small waterfalls and sluices and there are several paths that circle through the area.
The lakes are located opposite the Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve, south of the A25 Bradbourne Vale Road.
There is restricted parking available on Betensen Avenue, TN13 3ER.
Bradbourne Lakes improvements
In the summer of 2018, we commissioned landscape and leisure experts, Land Use Consultants (LUC), to seek the views of the community to develop a new vision for the Lakes.
In November 2021, we submitted a joint application with the Kent Wildlife Trust to the Heritage Lottery Fund for £550,000 to help fund the works set out in the vision.
We have already secured £252,000 towards the works from home-builders under the 'Community Infrastructure Levy', a charge collected by us on new, larger developments in the District