Apply for subsidised home heating and insulation
- The Warm Homes scheme is a partnership between Kent County Council and Kent district councils to offer subsidised home heating and insulation. If you claim eligible benefits, you may qualify for a contribution towards replacement heating. If you do not claim benefits, you may still be eligible for help under the Local Authority Flexible Eligibility scheme.
- Depending on your circumstances, you may need to contribute towards the costs.
Other useful links
- Find out how much energy you could save at home by completing the Energy Saving Trust's home energy check
- Easy ways of saving energy and reducing your energy bills on the Energy Saving Trust website
- Measure of the impact of your activities on the environment and towards climate change using the Carbon footprint Calculator.
Thermal imaging camera
Our thermal imaging camera can be loaned to residents for free.
The camera detects heat energy and can show you where energy is escaping from walls, roofs, windows and doors and other places in your home.
Please contact our Private Sector Housing team to enquire about availability.