- A limited number of free Sempatherm radiator insulation panels are available. With a minimum 10-year life expectancy and a potential drop of 12 to 15% on fuel bills, these easy-to-install panels are on offer to older and vulnerable residents.
- Energy efficiency information packs are available on request and contain information on how to reduce your energy bills as well as guidance on solid wall insulation.
To enquire, please contact our Energy Conservation & Initiatives Officer.
Apply for subsidised domestic heating and insulation through the Kent Warm Homes scheme
- The Warm Homes scheme is a partnership between Kent County Council and Kent district councils that can offer subsidised domestic heating and insulation, and in some cases a small contribution towards replacement heating (if you are on eligible benefits). If you are not on eligible benefits, we may be able to consider you as eligible for funding, under a new scheme called Local Authority Flexible Eligibility.
- Depending on your circumstances, you may also need to contribute towards the cost.
Other useful links
- Improving domestic energy efficiency - find out how much energy you could save by completing the Energy Saving Trust's Home Energy Check and plan your energy saving improvements
- Find out about easy ways of saving energy as well as how to reduce your energy bills by employing some easy energy saving measures like fitting thermostatic radiator valves or ensuring that your loft is adequately insulated. Visit the Energy Saving Trust website for more useful tips.
- Calculate your carbon footprint, a measure of the impact of your activities on the environment and towards climate change. Calculate your carbon footprint using the Carbon Calculator website.
For advice or further information, please contact our Energy Conservation & Initiatives Officer.