What you can do if you’re at risk
• Sign up for Flood Warnings or call 0345 988 1188
• Stock up on sandbags. We can provide them in an emergency, but during a flash flood, we may not get to you in time. Sacks are available from most builders’ merchants. They’re available from us too for £2.65 each – please call us on 01732 227000 before you travel to arrange payment and collection.
• Consider flood prevention products
• Make sure you’re properly insured
How to report an issue
• If you see a blocked road drain, report it to Kent County Council
• If you see a blocked river or stream, report it to the Environment Agency or call 03708506506.
Help your community by becoming a Flood Warden
Flood wardens are volunteers trained to help and prepare people in local communities that are at risk of flooding. They play an important role in the preparing a community flood plan and putting it in to practice.
They also provide a vital link between a local community and those responsible for responding to a flood.
If you are interested, call 01622 212409 or email The Kent Resilience Forum