Your Council Tax helps pay for important local services provided by different public authorities.
For each pound we collect, the authorities listed below each received the following share of your money:
- 70p Kent County Council
- 10½p Sevenoaks District Council
- 11p The Police and Crime Commissioner for Kent
- 4p Kent and Medway Fire & Rescue Authority
- 4½p Town and Parish Councils (average)
For more information download our leaflet About your Council Tax 2023/24.
Other authorities who deliver services in your area
For information on the services provided and their budget details, visit the following websites:
- Kent County Council (KCC)
- The Police and Crime Commissioner for Kent
- Kent and Medway Fire and Rescue Authority
- Parish and town councils
The adult social care precept
The adult social care precept is an amount charged by Kent County Council to help fund adult social care services. Read the statement concerning Adult Social Care funding.