What your Council Tax pays for | What your Council Tax pays for | Sevenoaks District Council
Disruption to website and telephone services - Saturday 21 September

On Saturday, we're upgrading our electrical systems. During the works, many of our website and telephone services will not be available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Find out more...

What your Council Tax pays for

Your Council Tax helps pay for important local services provided by different public authorities. 

For each pound we collect, the authorities listed below each received the following share of your money:

  • 69.5p Kent County Council
  • 11.5p Sevenoaks District Council
  • 10p The Police and Crime Commissioner for Kent
  • 4p Kent and Medway Fire & Rescue Authority
  • 5p Town and Parish Councils (average) ​

For more information download our leaflet About your Council Tax 2019/20.

Other authorities who deliver services in your area

For information on the services provided and their budget details, visit the following websites:

The adult social care precept

The adult social care precept is an amount charged by Kent County Council to help fund adult social care services. Read the statement concerning Adult Social Care funding.  

Back to top