Tell us about a change | Sevenoaks District Council

Tell us about a change

Tell us about changes straight away. If you don't, you may end up paying the wrong amount of Council Tax.

Please remember that you must tell us about any changes that affect your entitlement to a Council Tax discount, exemption or reduction within 21 days of the change, for example if you stop being a student, or you are no longer the only adult in the property.

If you don't tell us you may have to pay a penalty charge.

Report a change of address or if you are moving to a property in the District

For all other changes listed below, please contact us.

  • If someone moves in or out of your household
  • Any changes that mean you no longer qualify for a discount
  • If someone reaches the age of 18
  • If you change your name due to marriage, divorce or deed poll
  • If someone dies. If there is now only one person aged 18 or over living in the property, please contact the Council Tax team so we can apply a single person discount.  If the person lived alone and the property is now empty please provide us with the necessary details by printing and completing this form.