Licences and permits directory - Premises licence | Sevenoaks District Council

Licences and permits directory - Premises licence

We can grant a premises licence for a business supplying alcohol or entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises.

Making an application

Before applying online please ensure that you have read the relevant guidance notes. The notes explain:

  • Policy issues
  • Fees
  • How to complete the application and the required notification of the application.

Apply for a Premises Licence

Keep us updated

Vary an existing Premises Licence

Changes could include varying the hours, adding activities, amending, adding or removing conditions or altering the layout.

There are two types of application. Please contact us to discuss which is appropriate for your circumstances.

Apply to vary a Premises Licence

Apply for a Minor Variation to a Premises Licence

Nominate or change a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)

An existing Premises Licence that allows the sale of alcohol must specify a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). To nominate a new DPS, you must apply to vary the DPS. The new DPS should also complete and sign the Designated Premises Supervisor consent form.

Apply to vary the DPS on a Premises Licence

Designated Premises Supervisor Consent form

You can also remove your name as the Premises Licence DPS.

Request to be removed as the DPS

Transfer a Premises Licence 

To transfer a Premises Licence into your name (either as an individual or a company), you must submit an application to transfer along with the Consent Form. The Consent Form should also be completed and signed by the current Licence Holder.

Apply to transfer a Premises Licence

Premises Licence transfer consent form

Make a minor amendment to your licence 

You should tell us about minor amendments to your Premises Licence, such as a change of address of the Licence Holder or the Designated Premises Supervisor.

Notify us of minor changes to a Premises Licence

Interim Authority Notice

If a Premises Licence holder dies, becomes mentally incapable, insolvent, or is no longer entitled to work in the UK, the licence will lapse and you should apply for an interim authority notice within 28 days.

Apply for an Interim Authority Notice

Notifications about licensing applications affecting a property

Any person or organisation with a legal or financial interest in a property can ask to be kept informed of any licensing applications that relate directly to the property.

Submit a notification of interest


Licensing Partnership
P.O. Box 182
TN13 1GP

Call: 01732 227004