We can grant a premises licence for a business supplying alcohol or entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises.
- Making an application
Before applying online please ensure that you have read the relevant guidance notes. The notes explain:
- Policy issues
- How to complete the application and the required notification of the application
After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from Responsible Authorities or interested parties, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.
If there is a representation from a responsible authority or interested party then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.
- Keep us updated
It is important that you notify us of any changes as follows:
- You must notify us of minor changes to an existing licence, such as a change in the name and or address of the premises licence holder
- The premises licence holder can apply to vary the person named for the role of Designated Premises Supervisor, and the nominated person must sign a consent form which must be submitted with the application
- If you no longer wish to carry out the role of Designated Premises Supervisor but an application to vary the license has not been made, you can request that your name is removed from the licence
- If a holder of a premises licence dies, becomes insolvent or becomes mentally incapable an Interim Authority Notice must be submitted
- If you are the freeholder, leaseholder or occupier of a property which has a Premises Licence, then you may notify us of that interest and we will advise you when an application is received in respect of these properties
- To transfer a premises licence to you from the existing licence holder, you must apply to formally amend the licence