Quick Links

Environmental health

  • Asbestos

    Facts about asbestos - where it may be used and what to do if you find it in your home

  • Dog warden service

    Responsible dog ownership, dog fouling and the law, stray and lost dogs, micro chipping and dog waste bins

  • Environmental Permitting

    Certain industrial or commercial activities that result in emissions to air, land or water of substances may require a permit

  • Fly tipping

    Report incidents of fly tipping and those responsible

  • Health and safety - fireworks advice

    View the regulation on the use of fireworks

  • Invasive plants

    Advice and guidance on invasive weeds and plants, such as Japanese Knotweed, Giant Hogweed and Common Ragwort

  • Private Water Supplies

    Private Water Supplies - A private water supply is one that is not provided by a mains water company

  • Vehicle congestion with exhaust fumes


    Advice on common nuisance and pollution problems and how to report them

  • Radon

    Radon is a natural radioactive gas that originates from the radioactive decay of uranium found on small quantities in all rock and soil

  • Sewers and drains

    Advice and guidance concerning blocked or defective drains and sewers

  • Skin Piercing

    Skin piercing registration, the Tattoo Hygiene Rating Scheme and information for people thinking about having a tattoo or piercing

  • Food Safety

    Food safety advice for businesses and consumers

  • Health and Safety at Work

    For health and safety advice, how to raise workplace concerns and report a workplace accident or incident, registering a cooling tower and smokefree legislation