We are currently considering a planning application for a brand new leisure centre for Swanley.
The modern, energy efficient facility will take over from the current White Oak centre, which has served generations of Swanley residents for more than 50 years.
Built in 1967, the current centre is coming to the end of its life and is expensive to run, uses a lot of energy and will cost too much to repair.
After we unveiled our plans for a new centre in March, we have made a number of significant changes following residents’ comments and suggestions.
We are now planning to include:
- A 25 metre, six-lane swimming pool with a moveable floor making it suitable for beginners through to water polo clubs
- Learner swimming pool
- A viewing area for both swimming pools
- A multi-purpose sports area big enough for two badminton courts
- A state of the art, 100+ station modern fitness studio with a spin bike area
- A Feel Good Suite for people who need help to exercise
- Tag Active
- Soft play area
- Multi-purpose rooms and interconnected studios with moveable walls for classes and events
- Café and viewing area
- Car parking for around 140 vehicles and a coach drop-off point
The current White Oak Leisure Centre would remain open during the works.
The application includes an outline proposal for two and three bedroom family homes on the current site. These homes are essential to the project as they will help to fund the new Leisure Centre.
See the video about Tagactive, a game designed to test strategy, speed and agility.