Published: Friday, 24th March 2023
Sevenoaks District Council has once again teamed up with Kent County Council and Solar Together to offer residents an opportunity to purchase solar panels without the hassle.
Solar Together Kent is a group-buying scheme, which brings households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price. The more people who sign up, the cheaper it is for everyone.
How does it work?
• Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
• Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume makes it possible for them to achieve greater efficiencies, which they pass on as lower priced installations.
• After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to their requirements.
• If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
• Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Carol Stewart, Energy Efficiency Officer at Sevenoaks District Council, says: “Climate change is happening, and at an even faster pace than many anticipated. We must take action ourselves to steer the future of our world in a greener and more sustainable direction.
“This is fantastic opportunity for residents to install solar panels easily and at a reasonable price.
“Solar panels not only help you save money, they also allow you to generate your own clean electricity and reduce your carbon emissions. By generating your own electricity, you can become more independent from electricity suppliers and save a significant amount of money on your electricity bills in the process.
“You can register for free and without obligation by 27 May 2023. We’re encouraging as many people as possible to take up this opportunity as part of our Net Zero by 2030 ambitions.”
For more information visit www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/solar
- More articles in the news archive
- Sevenoaks District Council news RSS feed