Housing for 55+ | Sevenoaks District Council
Licensing payment problems

We're currently experiencing intermittent problems with some Licensing payments via our website. We're working to fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience

Housing for 55+

Retirement housing

In the Sevenoaks District, retirement housing (also known as sheltered housing) consists of a mixture of bedsits, flats and bungalows all of which are occupied by older people usually aged 55 and over. 

The housing schemes provide independent, self-contained homes with their own front door, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom(s) and living room. Some schemes have communal lounges and laundry areas. Usually a housing assistant calls on tenants at least once a week and the scheme is linked to a 24-hour call centre for additional security in case of an emergency.

You can search for retirement housing offered by Sevenoaks District Housing Register partner organisations on the EAC Housing Care website.

Extra care housing

As well as residential care homes, there is sheltered housing and extra care housing. Extra care housing is designed to provide self-contained accommodation, suitable for older people with a range of needs, such as those with mobility difficulties or dementia. Accommodation with a higher level of care may also be available.

How to apply

To apply for retirement or extra care housing, you will need to apply to join the Sevenoaks District Housing Register.

Apply to join the Sevenoaks District Housing Register

Further information

EAC Housing Care - a charity-run site providing free advice on elderly care

Which online - free, independent and practical advice for older people and their relatives across the UK.