Our pre-application advice service is offered to developers and householders.
- It gives you an opportunity to understand how our policies will be applied to your development and you can identify potential problems and resolve them before an application is submitted
- It may indicate that a proposal has little or no realistic chance of success
- It may lead to a reduction in time spent by your professional advisers in working up the proposals in more detail.
- It can identify at an early stage whether any specialist advice is necessary (eg listed buildings, trees, landscape, transport, ecology or archaeology)
- It will help you prepare a better planning application so we can process it more quickly and give you a decision sooner
Try to contact us at the earliest opportunity in your project but consider the following:
- Undertake some initial research yourself
- Seek the views of those that may be affected by your proposals
- Remember the more information you can give us the more accurate and helpful our response can be
- With complex issues be prepared to seek private professional help