Licences and permits directory - Temporary event notice | Sevenoaks District Council

Licences and permits directory - Temporary event notice

You will need to apply for a permitted Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if:

  • You wish to lawfully carry out licensable activities at premises which do not have a premises licence or club premises certificate; or
  • The activity or the times at which it is to be carried out are not specified on an existing premises licence or club premises certificate.

Licensable activities (subject to certain exceptions) are:

  • The sale and supply of alcohol.
  • Regulated entertainment (i.e. music, singing or dancing).
  • Provision of late night refreshment
Making an application

The guidance notes provide information about the licensable activities, application process and fee, limitations of use and who can make an objection.

We advise you to consider this guidance before making the application.

Apply online

You will be able to act as though your notice is granted if you have not heard from us after 10 working days. This is known as 'tacit' consent.


Licensing Partnership
P.O. Box 182
TN13 1GP

Call: 01732 227004


Further information on keeping workers and customers safe during Covid-19 

Back to top