If you want help from people in your community during the Coronavirus outbreak, you can register with us.
Volunteers may be available to help with your shopping and other small tasks if you are in self-isolation.
Once you have registered, we will pass your details to 'Care for our Community - Sevenoaks' or another local community group who will match you to a volunteer.
Alternatively, you can register by calling us on 01732 227000.
Once you have signed up, we advise you to take the following sensible precautions to help keep you safe:
- Every volunteer has a 'Community Volunteer' badge issued by us. Each badge has a unique identity number and our logo. If you want to check that a volunteer is genuine, please call us on 01732 227000 and quote the unique badge number.
- Do not give your bank card and pin number to anybody
- Do not give cash to a volunteer
- Plan in advance. Many supermarket delivery slots are currently several days or weeks away.
- Consider alternatives to supermarkets, such as the local milkman, who can usually deliver groceries, or local food companies that deliver veg or meat boxes.
- If you suspect you or someone you know is being targeted by a criminal, contact Action Fraud or call 03001 232 040.
Although the scheme is not being managed by us, we will record and share your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and our Privacy Notice and General Data Protection policy.