Please complete our request form below if you would like help with:
- Collecting food shopping
- Collecting your medical prescription
- Someone to talk to
If your request for help includes the collection of a medical prescription, your request will be forwarded to the NHS Volunteer Responders service. In all other instances, we will pass your request to the ‘Care for our community – Sevenoaks District’ volunteer service.
Alternatively, you can request help by calling us on 01732 227000.
If you experiencing financial difficulties, please view the support we offer or call us on the number above.
We advise you to take the following sensible precautions to help keep you and your volunteer safe:
- All volunteers are under instructions to maintain two metre social distancing whilst supporting your request. To protect them and yourself please do not invite them to enter your property for any reason.
- ‘Care for our community – Sevenoaks District’ volunteers carry an identification badge with a unique identity number and our logo. If you want to check that a volunteer is genuine, please call us on 01732 227000 and quote the unique badge number.
- NHS Volunteer Responders are expected to call you before they undertake their duties. They are also expected to carry photo-ID with them so you can check the person you have spoken to is the person that has arrived to support your needs. If you have any questions or concerns about your NHS Volunteer Responder, please call 0808 196 3382 (open everyday 9am to 6pm).
- West Kent Mind and Age Concern UK provide the telephone ‘friendly chat’ service. All their volunteers are DBS checked. If you have any concerns, contact West Kent Mind on 01732 744950 or Age Concern UK on 01732 454108.
- Do not give your bank card and/or pin number to anybody.
- Agree the method of paying for shopping/prescriptions in advance of your volunteer supporting your request.
- If you suspect that you, or someone you know, is being targeted by a criminal, contact Action Fraud or call 03001 232 040.
We will record and share your data with volunteer schemes in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and our Privacy Notice and General Data Protection policy.