Our ‘Care for our Community - Sevenoaks District’ volunteer service can help you with:
- Collecting your food
- Collecting your prescription
- Having someone to talk to
- Walking your dog
- Other concerns – (we may refer you to another support service)
Alternatively, you can register for help by calling us on 01732 227000.
We’ll deal with your request and get back to you during our usual opening times.
‘Care for our Community – Sevenoaks District’ volunteers carry an identification badge with a unique identity number and our logo. If you are concerned a volunteer is not genuine, call us on 01732 227000 quoting the unique badge number.
Alternatively, the NHS Volunteer Responder Service can connect you with a local volunteer who can help with these services:
- Community Response Volunteers - help with shopping for food and essential items and collecting and delivering prescriptions
- 'Check-in and chat' volunteers - available for regular, friendly talks over the phone
- Patient transport for help getting to a scheduled medical appointment
If you would like support from a NHS Volunteer Responder, or have any questions, please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm, seven days a week).
NHS Volunteer Responders should call you before they visit you and should carry photo-ID. If you have concerns about your NHS Volunteer Responder, please call 0808 196 3382 (9am to 6pm).
Please remember the following precautions when using either the 'Care for our Community – Sevenoaks District‘ or the NHS Volunteer Responder Service’.
- Maintain a two metre social distance from volunteers
- Do not ask any volunteer to enter your home for any reason
- Do not give your bank card and/or pin number to anybody
- Agree the method of paying for shopping and prescriptions in advance with your volunteer
- If you suspect that you, or someone you know, is being targeted by a criminal, contact Action Fraud or call 0300 232 040.
If you experiencing financial difficulties, please view the support we offer or call us on 01732 227000.