The Government has ordered certain businesses and venues to close or restrict how they provide goods and service during second national lockdown, 5 November to 2 December 2020.
If your businesses has been ordered to close, you may be eligible for a grant providing you were open and providing in-person services from your business premises before 5 November 2020. View details of businesses that must close.
The grant available depends on the rateable value of your business premises on 5 November 2020:
- Properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under are eligible for £1,334
- Properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999 are eligible for £2,000
- Properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and above are eligible for £3,000
Apply for a support grant
Anyone caught falsifying their records to make a fraudulent application will be prosecuted and ordered to repay the money.
Grants under this scheme are considered to be State Aid. It is the responsibility of the business to ensure they do not accept grant payments that would exceed the State Aid limits. if the limit is exceeded, the grant may be required to be repaid.
Please have the following information to hand before you apply:
- Business Rate account number
- Company number (if applicable)
- VAT Registration Number (if applicable)
- Proof of bank details (paying-in slip, blank cheque or copy bank statement)
Additional restrictions grant (discretionary)
We also have funding to help businesses that have been required to close, but are not registered for business rates or are able to remain open but have had a significant reduction in income. This will include businesses which supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors and businesses in the events sector. To qualify for this funding, businesses must have been trading in the Sevenoaks District on the first day of the restrictions and have business premises in the Sevenoaks District.