On 3 March 2021, the Government announced grant support for non-essential retail and hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses.
The Restart Grant scheme supports businesses that are predominantly reliant on delivering in-person services for the general public and support will take the form of one-off grants.
- The property from which the service is provided must be shown in the local rating list
- The business must have been trading on 1 April 2021
- The business must not have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted subsidy allowances
- Businesses must not be in administration, insolvent or have a striking-off notice made on Companies House
Applicants will be required to self-certify that they meet all the eligibility criteria.
How much funding will be provided to businesses under the Restart Grant scheme?
The following thresholds apply for non-essential retail businesses:
- Properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under are eligible for £2,667
- Properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999 are eligible for £4,000
- Properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and above are eligible for £6,000
The following thresholds apply for hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses:
- Properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under are eligible for £8,000
- Properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999 are eligible for £12,000
- Properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and above are eligible for £18,000
If a business operates services that are considered non-essential and also fall into another category, such as hospitality, the main service will be the category which constitutes 50% or more of the overall business.
Click on the buttons below for more information, including eligibility:
If you do not qualify for a Restart Grant, discretionary funding may be available to help businesses that were required to close, but are not registered for business rates or were able to remain open but have been severely impacted by the national lockdown restrictions. This will include businesses that supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors and businesses in the events sector. To qualify for this funding, businesses must have been trading in the Sevenoaks District Council area on the 1 April 2021 and have business premises in the Sevenoaks District.
If you consider that you are eligible for either a Restart Grant or a discretionary grant (under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme) please click on the apply button below.