Mobile home and caravan sites

Before you can operate as a mobile home or caravan site you must have obtained any required planning permission or certificate of lawfulness for development of the site. A site licence may also be required. 

Contact us to check the requirements for your site.

Make an application

To apply for a site licence or check whether you need one, please contact us.

Your licence application must be processed before you use the site as a mobile home or caravan site.

Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years. 

To grant or transfer a licence the Council has to determine the suitability of the proposed licence holder. This will be based on the following criteria:

  • a) Interest in the site;
  • b) Funding arrangements that will be in place; and
  • c) Management structure.

Apply for, change or transfer a caravan and camping site licence online on GOV.UK

Register of site rules

Operators of residential caravan sites and mobile home parks are required to send us a copy of their site rules once they have been agreed with residents.

We must keep a register of site rules and publish them online.

View the register of site rules

Grant assistance

Funding may be available for someone who has a disability and needs their mobile home adapted to help them to continue living there. See our Disabled Facilities Grants page.


Back to top