We are proposing new Taxi Licensing Fees from April 2021.
The main changes are:
- An inflationary increase of 2.5% to ensure our taxi licensing service is self-financing
- To meet new Department of Transport guidance, new drivers will be encouraged to sign up to the DBS online update service at an annual cost of £13. Checks have increased from every three years to every six months. A new admin fee will cover the processing costs for checks that need to be carried out manually.
- A new, more comprehensive 'EQUO' online test will replace the safeguarding part of our current ‘Knowledge' test. The new test will cover additional areas, including disability awareness. We will use an external company to deliver the test and this will be funded by the new fee.
- The Vehicle Licensing fee for the MOT test has been removed from our fees. The fee will be paid directly to the test station at the time of booking. This removes the administrative burden of recharging the fees.
- The Vehicle Exemption Certificate is where Private Hire vehicles are used exclusively for executive hire and wish to be exempt from displaying their Private Hire vehicle plate. Introducing this fee will cover the cost of the work needed and bring us in line with our licensing partners.
- The General Admin Fee is used to cover any work that does not fall under the usual fees. Our licensing partners currently charge this fee.
Have your say
To comment on the proposed fees, please email email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 5 February 2021.
Please include your name and address.