Register a food business | Register a food business | Sevenoaks District Council
Website maintenance

Over the weekend, some of our planning, building control and licensing web services may not be available as we update our IT systems. Sorry for the inconvenience…

Register a food business

If you run a food business you must tell us about any premises you use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food. 

Registration is free of charge and cannot be refused. You must provide all the information requested.

If you own a movable business (mobile van/market stall etc.) you must register with the Local Authority area where your business is stored at night.

Once you have registered:

  • Your details will be entered onto our database and the register of food businesses will be updated. This register is available to the public on request.
  • Your business will inspected by one of the Environmental Health Team. The visit will generally be unannounced and in the majority of cases the business will be rated as part of the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme. You do not have to wait to be inspected before you can start trading.
  • After you have registered, you must advise us of any significant changes or if the business closes. It is the responsibility of the new proprietor to register the business with us by submitting a new food registration form.

Register a business

Back to top