Our ‘Care for our Community - Sevenoaks District’ volunteer service can help you with:
- Collecting your food
- Collecting your prescription
- Having someone to talk to
- Walking your dog
- Other concerns – (we may refer you to another support service)
Alternatively, you can register for help by calling us on 01732 227000.
‘Care for our Community – Sevenoaks District’ volunteers carry an identification badge with a unique identity number and our logo. If you are concerned a volunteer is not genuine, call us on 01732 227000 quoting the unique badge number.
Alternatively, the NHS Volunteer Responder Service can connect you with a local volunteer who can help with these services:
- Community Response Volunteers - help with shopping for food and essential items and collecting and delivering prescriptions
- 'Check-in and chat' volunteers - available for regular, friendly talks over the phone
- Patient transport for help getting to a scheduled medical appointment
If you would like support from a NHS Volunteer Responder, or have any questions, please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm, seven days a week).
NHS Volunteer Responders should call you before they visit you and should carry photo-ID. If you have concerns about your NHS Volunteer Responder, please call 0808 196 3382 (9am to 6pm).
Please remember the following precautions when using either the 'Care for our Community – Sevenoaks District‘ or the NHS Volunteer Responder Service’.
- Maintain a two metre social distance from volunteers
- Do not ask any volunteer to enter your home for any reason
- Do not give your bank card and/or pin number to anybody
- Agree the method of paying for shopping and prescriptions in advance with your volunteer
- If you suspect that you, or someone you know, is being targeted by a criminal, contact Action Fraud or call 0300 232 040.
If you experiencing financial difficulties, please view the support we offer or call us on 01732 227000.