Our ‘Care for our Community – Sevenoaks District’ volunteer service was paused on 1 October 2020.
However, you may be able to get help from the NHS Volunteer Responders service with:
- Collecting your food
- Collecting your medical prescriptions
- Having someone to talk to
- Medical transport
Visit the NHS Volunteer Responders service website to see if you qualify. If you don't, please call us on 01732 227000 and we'll see what other help is available.
If you experiencing financial difficulties, please view the support we offer or call us on the number above.
We advise you to take the following sensible precautions to help keep you and your volunteer safe:
- All volunteers are under instructions to maintain two metre social distancing whilst supporting your request. To protect them and yourself please do not invite them to enter your property for any reason.
- NHS Volunteer Responders are expected to call you before they undertake their duties. They are also expected to carry photo-ID with them so you can check the person you have spoken to is the person that has arrived to support your needs. If you have any questions or concerns about your NHS Volunteer Responder, please call 0808 196 3382 (open every day 9am to 6pm).
- Do not give your bank card and/or pin number to anybody.
- Agree the method of paying for shopping/prescriptions in advance of your volunteer supporting your request.
- If you suspect that you, or someone you know, is being targeted by a criminal, contact Action Fraud or call 03001 232 040.