Demolition control and advice | Demolition control and advice | Sevenoaks District Council

Demolition control and advice

Once permission has been granted under planning legislation to demolish a building, the person carrying out the work has to formally notify us using a demolition notice application form

We will write back imposing conditions as to how the demolition is to be carried out and how the site is to be left.

The person intending on carrying out the demolition must also tell the utility companies and the owners and occupiers of adjoining properties. We will then inform them of the conditions imposed.

This applies in all cases apart from the demolition of:

  • An internal part of an occupied building
  • A building no larger than 50m³
  • An attached prefabricated garage, shed, conservatory or greenhouse
  • An agricultural building that is not attached to a non-agricultural building
Back to top