The Government has set out a package of temporary measures to support businesses through the period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
The following measures have been announced:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Further information about these schemes is available on the links below:
Business rates holiday and grant funding
The Council is responsible for adminstering the business rate holiday and grant funding for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses and the small business grant funding for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief.
As soon as the Government release further details of the support available, we will make it our top priority to ensure the money is passed on to those who are eligible as soon as possible.
Eligibility for the business support may be subject to certain Government criteria.
Operating as a hot food takeaway
To support communities through the Coronavirus outbreak, the Government is allowing restaurants, cafes and pubs which do not currently offer delivery and hot food takeaway to do so.
Find out about the operating as a hot food takeaway.
Business support letter
On Monday 23 March 2020, we sent a letter to every business in the District listing the funding and support available during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Coronavirus advice for businesses
We've launched a dedicated business support line for Coronavirus-related issues, which is available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. Call 03333 602300. The service is being delivered by the Kent & Medway Growth Hub.