Christmas tree recycling
From Tuesday 3 January until Friday 3 February, we'll collect your real Christmas tree for free with our fortnightly garden waste service. It will be shredded into environmentally friendly compost. Here's what you need to do:
- Please remove all ornaments and stands or pots from your tree. Your tree will not be taken if it is decorated, or in a pot or stand of any kind
- Place your tree at your property boundary by no later than 7am on your scheduled garden waste collection day
- The tree must be clearly visible to the crew. It cannot be in your front garden, up your drive, or at the side of your house – it must be at the boundary
- Do not cut up your tree or put it into a bin of any kind
- If your tree has a trunk more than 89mm (3.5" in diameter) we cannot collect it. Instead, you can take it to one of Kent County Council's Household Recycling Centres and place it in a garden waste container.
If you do not know when your road is next due for the scheduled garden waste collection, see our Refuse, Recycling and Garden Waste Collection Days and search for your road.
Alternately, call us on 01732 227000 or complete our on-line contact form.